Agricultural Resources

Pesticide Damage Complaints & Investigation Process

1) Any individual suffering loss or damage resulting from the use or application by others of any pesticide must file with the department a written report of loss which contains but is not limited to the following information: (a) The name and address of the claimant; and (b) the type of property alleged to be damaged; and (c) the name of the individual applying the pesticide and allegedly responsible; and (d) the name of the owner or lessee of the property for whom such application of pesticide was made. This report must be filed within sixty (60) days of the occurrence of the alleged damage, or prior to the harvest of more than twenty-five percent (25%) of such damaged crop.

(2) The filing of such report or the failure to file such a report need not be alleged in any complaint which might be filed in a court of law, and the failure to file the report shall not be considered a bar to the maintenance of any criminal or civil action.

(3) The failure to file such a report shall not be a violation of this act.

(4) The department may investigate and determine the nature and extent of the alleged damage.

(5) The department shall prepare and file in its office a report of its investigation.

(6) Copies of the report made by the department may be given upon request to individuals who are financially interested in the matter.

If you would like to file a report or complaint, please contact us with the information. You may also directly contact an investigator from your area. To see a list of statewide pesticide assistance offices.

You may also view a brochure below regarding frequently asked questions on the investigation and enforcement process

Investigation and Enforcement process brochure

Frequently Asked Questions

You may also view a map with the locations of the local pesticide enforcement office nearest you by choosing the link below.

Field Office Locater Map

If you have any questions or in need of assistance, please contact

Bob Spencer Bureau Chief (Enforcement)

Phone:(208) 332-8613
Fax:    (208) 334-3547

Mail to:

Idaho State Department of Agriculture
Attn: Bob Spencer
PO Box 790
Boise, ID 83701